Before the internet came into existence, companies could reach a wide audience only through radio, direct sales, magazines, billboards, catalogues, etc., also known as traditional marketing channels; thus, restricting the general public from sharing their experiences about a brand and allowing the companies to have full control over the information that goes out to the public.
But now, thanks to the internet…..
- 72% of customers won’t take action until they read reviews
- 88% of consumers trust user reviews as much as personal recommendations
- On average, a consumer reads 10 online reviews before making a purchase decision
- 57% of consumers prefer transacting with a business if it has at least a 4-star rating
- 15% of users don’t trust businesses without reviews
- Online reviews about a product can increase its conversion rate by more than 270%
- Just a single business review can lift its conversions by 10%
According to the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, there are about 65,861 recognized startups in India that have created 6.5 Lakh jobs as of now. This number is expected to increase with the addition of 50,000 new startups creating 20 lakh new jobs in the next 4 years. Given the plethora of startups out there, consumers will only prefer those that provide innovative solutions, value their employees, offer good quality – value for money products and provide a good user experience.
This is why having strong online reputation matters!
Online Reputation Management for Startups – The Why & What.
Why Should You Consider ORM For Startups?
While a lot of startups are competing with each other as well as the big giants to outrank each other in the crowded cyberspace; others have no reputation and need to build one.
With ORM strategies already in place, it’s easier for your startup to build a positive perception, attract new prospects, attract talent, gain competitive advantage, and effectively manage any reputational crisis that might arise.
Implementing the right set of ORM strategies can also help:
- Improve Brand Image: These days consumers research and gather information online about anything and everything. The kind of information they come across will influence their purchase decision. But with the right content and SEO strategies in place, it’s possible to showcase the positive things your brand has to offer; thus, improving visibility and improving brand image.
- Improves Sales: It’s easier for firms with positive reviews, feedback, and testimonials to attract customers, boost sales and increase revenue as compared to those with negative reviews or without any reviews at all.
- Trust and Credibility: When customers come across positive reviews, feedback, and testimonials regarding your brand, they will be more confident in doing business with you.
- Recruitment: A good reputation can help attract talented people, who can help improve your business.
How Can I Manage My Startups Online Reputation?
- Monitor your brand mentions on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram to gain valuable insights into how your brand is perceived.
- Ensure to solve customer queries and acknowledge their reviews/feedback, be it positive or negative.
- Ask your customers to review your business on Google, Facebook, and other industry-specific or professional forums because these reviews rank at the top on the results page.
- Leverage the power of social listening using various tools such as BuzzSumo, Hootsuite, HubSpot Social Media Management Software, Buffer, etc.
- Be transparent and don’t delete/hide negative comments, instead address them.
- Publish new content regularly in various forms such as tutorials, blogs, articles, videos, social media posts, etc.
- Connect and collaborate with the right influencer to help convey the right image of your brand
Who can help?
There is more to online reputation management of startups than that meets the eye. In addition to the issues discussed above uncontrollable situations like the breach of data, inappropriate comments on social media by an employee or news reports about unethical behavior can instantly tarnish a company’s reputation. At times like this, you must collaborate with a professional ORM company like AiPlex.
At AiPlex, we have a team of highly experienced individuals who can take care of the online reputation management requirements of your startup while you focus on building a globally reputed and respected Startup. Please drop us a line to know more.